Jackfruit Grilled Cheese
¼ cup Upton’s Naturals Chili Lime Carnitas Jackfruit
1 slice medium white onion
1 – 2 portobello mushrooms, sliced
2 slices of muenster cheese
2 slices of bread
1 tsp butter
- Melt butter in a small frying pan and sauté jackfruit, onion and portobello mushroom slices until warm and tender.
- Place mixture in a bowl, set aside.
- Place one slice of bread in the pan. If you like your grilled cheese extra buttery, add more butter and melt before adding the bread.
- Add a slice of muenster cheese, then the jackfruit mixture.
- Top with muenster cheese and a slice of bread.
- Cook on low until brown.
- Flip the sandwich and cook on low until brown.
- Remove the sandwich from the frying pan, slice and enjoy.
Note: Cooking temperature will vary by range type. The goal is to give the cheese time to melt as the sandwich browns.
Option: For a low-fat version, complete step one using olive oil, then assemble the sandwich in an oven safe pan. Bake at 3500 until brown.
Upton’s Naturals is an independently-owned, ethical vegan company and was the first to launch pre-seasoned, ready-to-eat young jackfruit in North America and Europe. The company sources its jackfruit from Thailand, teaming with a network of family farms. Available flavors include Bar-B-Que, Chili Lime Carnitas, Thai Curry, Sriracha, Sweet & Smoky, and Original (unseasoned).