What’s stopping you from fulfilling your biggest dreams, and achieving the seemingly impossible? For many, it’s fear – that debilitating feeling, that annoying voice in your head that tells you: “It’s too risky.”, “If you fail, then what?”, “You’re not capable.”
“Whatever you fear the most has no power – it is your fear that has the power. The thing itself cannot touch you. But if you allow your fear to seep into your mind and overtake your thoughts, it will rob you of your life.”
– Oprah Winfrey
“We all experience fear; it is a natural reaction that races through our bodies pulling us back, telling us “no” or “get away” from a real or perceived threat,” says Tarra Judson-Stariell, a San Diego therapist and author of Sanity: Lost & Found, A True Story of Brainwashing and Recovery. “Our brains are designed to react this way, whether the threat is real or a memory of an earlier painful event.”
So, how do you become fearless and live your best life? You confront the voices that creep into your mind! That’s what any person in pursuit of success must do. Check out these 5 strategies to help you push pass self-doubt and realize your own greatness.
5 Strategies to Take With You:
- Process fear to understand it. Talk to a trusted friend or family member about the source of your self-doubt. What is it based in? Get to the root of it.
- Re-define the word fear. From now on, it stands for: Face Everything and Rise!
- Stop caring what others think. 99 percent of the world doesn’t care, honestly. They’re busy overcoming their own fears. Know that more people are rooting for your success!
- Making friends with risk and failure. Realize that every successful person you admire experienced failure first. If you don’t try, you will die never knowing.
- Take action. No need to go big and bold. Take a small action step toward your goal – whatever that is. Cross it off. Then take another small step. Before you know it, you’re there!